"Life is like a piano, what you get out of it is how you play it"

Friday, August 23, 2013

Guardian Angel?

     I consider this to be too sacred to post on facebook but want to share with those more intimately encircled.

     I have been blessed with many gifts. I have one gift that relates to this blog. I have sensed and seen spirits. Usually they are female.  I know who some of them are, but others are not identified.

     Lately I have "caught" one out of the corner of my eye, and it disappears quickly.  One evening when Jay and I were returning home to our apartment, we stepped off the elevator and approached our door. Jay was fumbling with the lock when I looked up and saw a spirit someone turn and leave.  Because of my previous experiences, I didn't really react. It was just "another spirit."

     I have been quite ill with a cold this past week and hadn't left the apartment since last Sunday. Yesterday was Thursday. I have four piano students who are getting ready for a recital. I needed to be there for their lessons. The Ward choir scheduled a practice immediately after piano lessons. This means I was gone for a little over three hours. I was tired, considering I had just spent the past six days in bed.  Returning home, I stepped out of the elevator, key in hand, to enter our apartment.  There are about 10 steps from the elevator to our door, and when I had taken a little more than half of those steps, I looked up and again saw the same spirit who had been there earlier. I sensed that she was with me to see me safely home. It was very comforting. I don't know who she is. She could be someone who has a personal interest in me, but could be the one assigned to watch over us while we are serving a mission.

     The one thing I know for certain from this experience, is that, I am not alone. I have protection at all times. I have a guard for even such simple things as leaving the apartment, crossing the street to Temple Square, and returning home to the presence of a Priesthood bearer.  Is this perhaps one way how I share the priesthood? Is this evidence of the answer to all your prayers for our safety? Yes, I believe so.

2 comments:

Louise said...

Lately, I have been paying attention to scriptures that say things like, "I will go before you; or, I will be on your right side, and on your left," and so forth. It seems to me that Heavenly Father wants us to know HE and his angels are all around us, to protect, lead, guide, and encourage us.

Robert L. Karren said...

While on my mission, I came to the belief and understanding that there are spirits on the other side of the veil who have been called and set apart to be ministering angels to you in your calling. When you are given a new assignment, you have new angels assigned to you. The old ones stay to minister to your replacement. You can physically feel their presence and their absence. To me, this is a completely natural and logical way for the Lord to do his work.